If you would have asked 20 year old Emma, graduating from college with her Bachelor of Fine Arts if she would use neutral colors such as browns on her eyes I would have said absolutely not. Neutral colors have never appealed to me much- this girl likes her colors and glitters. When Stila came out with their ‘Eyes are the Window’ palette collection, I picked two of them up- “Soul” and “Spirit”. ‘Soul’ leans more to the cooler side of neutrals and ‘Spirit’ leans to the warmer side. I used ‘Soul’ for this look and I am actually really happy with how it turned out.
I think this palette is perfect for the neutral lover and while these are difficult to find in stores, the do still sell the Soul palette as well as the Spirit palette. The outer packaging has changed but the product is still the quality we have come to expect from Stila Cosmetics. Here is what I used on the eye:
For the crease I used that pretty matte fawn color and then deepened the outer part of the crease with the matte chocolate powder. All over the lid I used what I’m calling the shimmer equivalent the crease shade. I really wanted to use that darker brown with the glitter in it, so I put that on the outer third of the lid. These shadows are really nice to work with, they blend nicely but aren’t so soft that you get a ton of kick up by just putting your brush into the pan. I’m not saying there was no kickback, there was some, but it was a tolerable amount. Now on to what I used for the rest of my face:
- Face Primer: Too Faced Hangover RX
- Foundation: Maybelline Superstay foundation in 112 Natural Ivory
- Under Eye Concealer: Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in Fair
- Blemish concealer: Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 15 Light
- Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte compact powder in 003 Natural and the Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Setting Powder (Project Pan)
- Brow Pencil: Anastasia of Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil in Blonde (Project Pan)
- Brow Gel: Soap and Glory Brow Archery Brow Gel in Blonde Luck (Project Pan)
- Blush: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit palette, Mood Exposure blush
- Bronzer: [Deluxe Sample] Tarte Park Ave Princess bronzer (Project Pan)
- Highlighter: Morphe DD highlighter palette, Top Row, Far right. It’s like a really nice white gold. I also used Becca Champagne Pop to highlight my inner corner and brow bone.
- Waterline: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Perversion (Project Pan)
- Eyeliner: Sistar Eye Contour Bold Liquid Liner in black
- Eye Base: Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in 70 Barely Branded (Project Pan)
- Lips: Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Tuesday (Project Pan)
- Mascara: Too Faced Better than Sex
Here is what the final product looked like:
That’s it, my beauties! Have you gone back in your stash recently to rekindle some love? I love rediscovering products that I knew I had but haven’t used in a hot minute. I love those, ‘Shop my Stash’ videos on YouTube. Would you like to see me do a shop my stash blog post? Let me know!
As always, these are non affiliate links. I simply provide them so you don’t have to dig around to find the product I’m talking about. Remember, lovelies, be bold, be beautiful, be YOU!