With Valentine’s Day upon us in the next few days, I thought I would share with you a look that I feel is Valentine’s Day appropriate. I put together two looks and took to my Instagram Stories to let you guys vote on your favorite look. I gave a choice between the Huda Nude palette or the Jaclyn Hill palette. That’s why this is a day late, figuring out how to get the results was driving me nuts. I finally found it and, from what I could tell, Huda won by one vote. I really enjoyed creating this look, and I tried something new. I usually do my face before I do my eyes but since this look contained glitter, I figured it was just a good a time as any to try doing my eyes first. It did make clean up easier but it will still take some time to learn how to do my face second and my eyes first. Which way do you do it? Okay, I’ve rambled enough, let’s get into the look!
As mentioned before I used the Nude palette from Huda.
1. Crease- ‘Lace’. This is gorgeous light purple/lilac. This is probably the best Lilac type color I’ve ever used.
2. Deepen the Crease- ‘Love Bite’. I love this deep purple color and it blends like a dream.
3. Lid: ‘Teddy’. This color reminds me of the ‘Victorian Velvet’ Distress Ink and Distress Oxide ink I own. It’s just gorgeous.
4. Concealer: ‘Concealer’. I really think it’s pretty ingenious that they included a concealer to make doing a cut crease and glitter application easier.
5. Glitter: ‘Excite’. This is a really pretty bronze with a bit of rose thrown in.
6. BrowBone/Inner Corner: MAC ‘Jest’ (not pictured, P.P.) Ever since put this into my Project Pan for this year I have rediscovered how much I love this color. It’s a frost finish and is the perfect color on my skin to highlight my brow bone and in my inner corner.
- For my mascara I used the Lancome Grandiose Extreme. This is really black and has a great, but oddly shaped wand, that grabs all of the hairs.
- For my eyeshadow base I used the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 604 ‘Milk’, I find that this really makes whatever colors I’m using really pop.
- For eyeliner, I used an unknown brand BROWN eyeliner. I don’t usually use brown but using it tones down the harshness that black brings. Plus, it’s really creamy and just glides on.
- For my eyebrows I used a product I’ve not used in forever, the Anastasia of Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in ‘Taupe’, I use the lighter color on the inside of my brows and the darker toward the tails.
- For my brow gel I used my Project Pan product, Soap and Glory’s Brow Archery in the color ‘Blonde Luck’
- For my primer, I used the Cover FX Blurring Primer. Keep an eye out because I will be doing a review on this fairly soon. It definitely does blur.
- For Foundation, I used my new Maybelline Fit Me Dewy and Smooth foundation in 105. I’ve never used dewy, well, anything. So I’m still getting the hang of using it but so far I like it.
- Under eye Concealer. I used my favorite under eye concealer, which is the Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Corrector in the color Fair.
- Blemish and Scar Concealer, I have to mix two colors to ge a color to match me. I mix the colors from the LA Pro Concealer in Light Ivory and Porcelain.
- To set my under eyes I used my favorite compact in my drawer, the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 003 Natural
- For my T-zone and my chin I set it with the Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder in Translucent Extra Coverage
- To contour my face, I used the middle bronze powder from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder Kit Contour. I just got this but already I can’t put it down.
- For my highlighter, I used The Balm’s Mary-Lou Manizer that I just got at IMATS LA and already I’m in love. Shows what the right color can do for you!
- For bronzer , I used the Milani Baked Bronzer in 04 ‘Glow’. It may look a bit orange in the photo but it really translates well on the skin.
- Blusher I used what was one of my very first high end blush purchases, NARS Super Orgasm. I love both versions of the Orgasm Blush but this one is my favorite. It’s got more glitter and I love that.
Since the eyes were so bold, I wanted something very simple- but pretty. I used the Colourpop Ultra Glossy lip in Moon Child from the Kathleen Lights Collection. It’s a nice nude with gold flecks, it’s gorgeous. Here is how the look turned out.
What looks will you be doing for Valentines (or Galentines) Day? Even if it’s just for you, make yourself feel pretty, give yourself a boost of confidence, do whatever makes you feel pretty. Happy early Valentines/Galentines Day to my lovely readers. 💕
Don’t forget: Be Bold, Be Beautiful, Be YOU!! Because you is the most beautiful you there is.