Hello my beauties, it’s the end of the month which means *drumroll* MONTHLY FAVORITES! Here’s a peek at what we’ll be talking about:
I really tried to narrow down what I listed and selected only one from each category I was choosing from, i.e. one palette, one blush, one lip product, etc. Let’s go and see why I chose what I chose!
- Garnier Skinactive Moisture Rescue Gel Cream- This is my second jar of this moisturizer, I love it. You don’t need a lot because a little goes a long way with this product. It’s a gel formula so two light finger taps on the product gets me all the product I need. I’ve also been mixing it with Argan Oil for the winter time. They have two kinds, the green one I have that’s for Normal to Combination and they have a pink one that is for Oily skin. There’s a choice for everyone, I would definitely recommend checking this out if you’re in the market for a new moisturizer.
- Essie nail polish in “Mrs. Always Right”- Okay, I know this isn’t skincare but I put it in this picture for God knows why. Wrong placement aside, this is a gorgeous nail polish. From online swatches of “Angora”, I believe this looks like a lighter version. It’s a burgundy, but lighter than you would expect. I haven’t loved a color like I do this in a long time. I love the Essie formula- it’s smooth and one coat is pigmented enough that you don’t have to do two coats if you don’t want to.
- O’Keefe’s Lip Balm- I have really dry lips sometimes and whenever the weather changes the corners and edges of my mouth crack like no tomorrow. I usually use Carmex (the one in the pot) to fix that but I used this most recently and it really worked. It’s not as thick as I like but it’s very moisturizing and healing. Especially when I put Manuka Honey patches over the corners of my mouth. It takes the healing time from a week plus to just a few days.
- Facetory Subscription Box- I joined this subscription box when I was at IMATS LA and I’m looking forward to my first shipped box. I had done sheet masks here and there but this has me doing them on a bit of a schedule. They are so hydrating and make my skin look so glowy. They are cold though, so I don’t use it when it’s chilly out but otherwise I can find no fault in this box. I get the 7 sheet mask box and I love it. If you want to check it out or subscribe, check out the Facetory website by clicking here! To be transparent, this is a referral link. I get 500 points and you get 4 extra face masks for free.
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Purifying Cooling Gel Scrub- I picked this up from Ulta on a whim because I needed a face scrub to alternate with my Clairsonic and this fit the bill. This isn’t too abrasive and doesn’t hurt my skin like some grittier face washes that are available at stores. I haven’t noticed a cooling sensation but that wasn’t really why I bought it, so I’m okay with that.
- Laneige Eye Sleeping Mask- I use this eye cream at night, I use a different one during the day, and I adore it! The product itself is really silky and light and the applicator is really interesting. This has a wand like applicator with a ball on the end. It’s very cool, temperature wise, which helps to depuff my eyes before I go to bed. I think it is also very moisturizing, it just feels luxurious. It is on the pricier end but I worthy investment.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit (original)- I love these palettes, which is why I shell out the money if I like how it looks. I really love the marble looking powders, there are two blushes and one bronzer. They aren’t glittery but they still leave a nice sheen on the skin. On the top you have more setting powders, including the diffused light powder that is so popular. The pans are small but I’m still able to fit my brushes in them no problem.
- Lorac Baked Matte Satin Blush in ‘Flaunt’- I used to be really afraid of this blush because of how bright it looks in the pan so I kept putting off trying it. What in the world was I thinking?! If you use a light hand and tap a little off, it gives you the most gorgeous flush. There isn’t glitter in it, it just gives your cheeks a nice sheen or a lit from within look on your cheeks. I don’t think this is available any more because I remember getting it from Haute Look a few years ago. You seriously should check out Hautelook if you haven’t yet, click here and it will take you to their site. This is a referral link as well, so if you don’t want to use it you can just go to Hautelook.com. But if you do, thank you 😊
- MAC shadow in ‘Jest’ (Frost finish)- If you’ve been reading my posts, and thank you if you do, you would know I’m doing my first project pan and this is one of the products in it. I bought this a few years ago from MAC but just figured out what it’s best for- my brow bone and my inner corner! If the palette I’m using doesn’t have a shadow for that or I don’t like their option, I will use this. It’s not glittery, it just has a bit of sheen and shine to the product.
- Too Faced ‘Better Than Sex’ mascara- This is a cult favorite that I started using two years ago. It gives my lashes so much volume that it’s crazy. When I use it with primer? The results are even better! As far as I know it only comes in one color, black, but that works for me because I only use the darker versions of black mascara. This is a holy grail product in my books.
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder in 003 ‘Natural’- I’ve been loving this product since I was in college, and there’s a good reason. It’s wonderful! It really does help to keep your oils at bay and for you to set your face. This is popular on YouTube and in real life, and for a good reason. This product is great but the packaging not so much. The packaging is flimsy but for what you pay, it’s okay with me as long as the product is really good. It is.
- NYX Proof It! eyeshadow primer- I used to only use the 604 ‘Milk’ pencil by NYX to prep my eyes but I’ve started alternating with this and I really like it. Once set, I can blend my shadows no problem and I’ve not noticed any creasing throughout the day. Win!
- Revolution Conceal and Define full coverage foundation in F2- I just picked this up a couple of weeks ago but I already love it. The coverage is amazing and it actually feels nice on the skin, not heavy or cakey. I know there are some who don’t like the applicator, which is a large doe foot, because they say it’s unsanitary. Well, yes, if you were using it on multiple people and were applying it directly to all of their faces. But when you’re using it on yourself? I really don’t see the problem. I actually really like the applicator, it makes applying the product really easy.
So that’s it, my January 2019 Favorites. What were some of your favorites this month, I’d love to know! Have a great day and I’ll be seeing you tomorrow 😘 Don’t forget: Be Bold, Be Beautiful, Be YOU!! Because you is the most beautiful you there is.