Hello my beauties and thanks for stopping in! Today is Valentine’s Day and I figured what better thing to post than a Valentine’s Day inspired look. I didn’t go for the typical all pink and rosey tones look. To see the look, just keep reading and scroll on down!
First for my base:
– Primer: Becca Backlight Priming Filter
– Foundation- IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream in Fair
– Concealer- Revolution Conceal and Define Concealer in C1 and C3
– Setting Powder- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Powder in Butter (mini)
I wanted a glowing complexion but I didn’t want to look oily, so I went with my Becca Backlight Priming Filter because it adds a glow without looking oily. I used my IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream because it gives nice coverage without looking cakey or like I’m wearing any makeup at all. The Revolution concealer is my current and favorite concealer so I’ve been using it with every look I do. I’m loving my Fenty powder, especially for baking.
Next, face products:
– Blush- Stila Convertible Color in Petunia
– Cream Highlight- Benefit Watt’s Up highlighter
– Powder highlight- Essence Pure Nude highlighter in 10 Be my Highlight
I decided to not use a bronzer with this look because with the eye colors I was going to use, it just didn’t feel right. I just picked up the Essence Pure Nude highlighter that everyone has been raving about and it definitely worked with this look because of how subtle it is. I based my highlight with the Benefit Watts Up cream highlighter which added a bit of oomph to the Pure Nude highlighter. For blush, I used one of my favorite cream blushes and it gave my cheeks that ‘just pinched’ dewy kind of flush. I used my Beauty Blender to apply the blush and it sheered it out nicely so I didn’t get clown cheeks.
Now for eye products:
– Eye Setting Powder- Rimmel Stay Matte powder in 003 Natural
– Eye Primer- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
– Brow Pencil- Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil in 2
– Brow Gel- NYX Control Freak brow gel
– Eyeliner- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on eyeliner in Rockstar
– Waterline- Colourpop Cosmetics BFF Creme Gel Liner in Cry Baby
– Mascara- L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black waterproof mascara
– Lashes- Ardell Naked lashes (not pictured)
I have been using the NYX Jumbo Pencil as my primer for over a year now and I LOVE how it makes my shadows look because it is white. I always set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder. I’m testing out the Goof Proof Brow Pencil right now, but I haven’t used it long enough to know what I think about it. I have come to love the Colourpop eyeliners so much because of how pigmented and creamy they are. The lavender color is sort of like a white, it makes your eyes pop!
– Transition- Incense
– Crease- Volatile
– 2/3 of the outer lid- Summer
– Inner- Wild Child
– Inner corner and browbone- Dreamer
For my eyeshadow, I used my new Anastasia of Beverly Hills Norvina palette. This palette is great for soft, romantic looks with its pinks and purples and browns. The ABH palette’s and shadows are so pigmented you really have to use a light hand. They do blend out beautifully though if you get a little too much on your brush and therefore on your eye. I’m so glad I picked this palette up at IMATS since I had been wanting it for a while. It’s a nice soft palette, good for beginners.
– Lip Stain- Benefit Posie Tint
– Lip Crayon- Tarte Lip Surgence mini in Wonder
– Lip Gloss- NYX Butter Gloss in Strawberry Cheesecake
I layered up my lip products just to see what it would look like and I really loved the look. This is my second bottle of the Posie Tint, it’s also the first thing I ever purchased from Benefit. I put the tint on right when I started my makeup that way it would be dry by the time I was ready to put the crayon and gloss on. Adding the gloss gave my lips that juicy and healthy kind of look.
– Face Mist- Pixi Glow Mist
– Setting Spray- Morphe Continuous Setting Mist
I always use two mists now thanks to Allie Glines. She taught me how to mist my face to melt the makeup into my skin as I pressed with a sponge and then to go in with a setting spray. I like the Morphe spray because (a) it is continuous and (b) the mist is super fine.
Here is the final look! What do you think? I am really pleased with how this look turned out. The foundation and blush are probably my favorites of this look because it looks seamless. I think I would have liked my brows to be a bit darker looking back at the pictures. If you liked today’s post, I would love it if you would follow/subscribe! I’m also on Instagram under @ emmadelfosse_mua. I post on this blog every Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday at 11AM. I hope to see you back here on Sunday, until then, be bold, be beautiful, be YOU! XOXO